Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Moving...

Well we have officially moved in to our new apartment! It’s beautiful and the land lady was so efficient when furnishing it! She even got us a brand new washing machine, so now we don’t have to pay €1.60 for every load of wash we do! There’s no room for a dryer so we’ve got to hang our clothes to dry, super old school, but no big deal. The big highlights of the new place? Well we have an oven for one, so now we can make a much larger variety of food, that aren’t limited to microwave or stove top. Next week since I won’t be working much I plan on making lots of Christmas goodies in that new oven. The second big highlight is our new larger bed! For months in our old “dorm room” Ben and I were sharing a single bed, which was not comfortable, but our only option. Now we have a queen sized bed and are sleeping much better.

Other than moving, Ben and I have spent this past week trying to prepare for Christmas, which I can’t believe is next weekend, meaning my family will be here soon to visit and I can’t WAIT to see them all! Yesterday Ben and I did most of our Christmas shopping at the Christkindl Markt as quickly as we could since it was pouring down rain, but it’s nice to have most of our presents bought, and now wrapped in our little corner of our new apartment. We also were able to buy a Christmas tree this weekend at the Naschtmarkt, just a little thing but it makes it feel a little more Christmasy here.

Some other interesting news. While walking around our new neighborhood here, I came across a Sensory Integration Therapy studio just 2 buildings down from our new apartment building. It obviously caught my eye, so I googled the place and saw that the woman in charge lived and worked in Southern California for part of her professional career, so I’m planning on sending an e-mail to her soon to see if there’s any possible volunteer opportunities at the studio for me. Even cleaning the therapy equipment would be awesome, it would give me something to do on days off from nannying and it would be something nice to put on the resume. So I will most certainly keep everyone updated on that.

Otherwise things here are going well, Ben’s been enjoying his research, but has been taking a break this last week with moving and everything. He plans on trying to get as much research done next week as possible so he will be available to do all the fun stuff with my family once they get here, but he will probably still have to work a little over the holidays. I guess a grad students work is never done…am I really ready for that? Haha. Keep us in prayer  and I will write again soon!

Lots of Love!

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment