Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Birthday Bash

Well last Thursday on December 1st was my birthday, and I am now 23 years young. It was nice to celebrate my birthday in a little different way this year, and I had a really good time.

Since my birthday was on a Thursday I didn’t have to Nanny, which was nice. However, on Wednesday while nannying, Mom came home and quickly send me and Silvia out of the kitchen for a few minutes. She had bought a little (delicious) cake from a bakery near her work, and stuck a candle in it. Mom and Silvia sang Happy Birthday to me then I ate me little cake and talked with the Mom for a little while before I headed back home. They also got me a small box of Viennese chocolates, which I have already finished because they were that good!

Through out the week, I had been receiving things in the mail, like cards a package from my aunt and uncle with some warm clothes, but I had been waiting for my package from my parents to come which had a nice wool coat, boots, and other birthday goodies. On Thursday I went out to the Christmas Market to look around and buy a few things, and on my way home I checked our mail, and the Post Man was heading out with 2 big boxes. He saw me opening our mail box and realized that I was the person the packages were for, so he stopped me really quickly and handed me my big birthday boxes! I quickly ran upstairs to open them and was so excited to have all this nice warm clothes that my Mom had sent me, and it arrived on my birthday!

For the rest of the afternoon I just hung out at home, watching TV and started getting ready for the opera that evening. I got to Skype with both my parents really quickly before I headed out to the opera-which was awesome of them since they got up at like 5:30 am to Skype with me on my birthday. I got all dressed up put on my nice warm coat and ventured out to meet Ben and the opera.

When I got there we quickly got a Kasekrainer for lunch, then waited, and waited, and waited to get our standing room ticket for “La Boheme”. We got there early enough so we had great spots. Despite the “know it all American” students we were sitting next to, we had a great time and “La Boheme” was beautiful. Breath-taking sets, beautiful songs, and an overall awesome atmosphere.

Friday was pretty relaxed, as well as most of Saturday, but on Saturday evening we went to a local English Theatre to see “God of Carnage” starring Cristoph Waltz, who was born and raised in Vienna, so it was a fitting film. Also, it was hilarious. After the movie we went for food at a Pizza joint down the street to complete our evening.

Now it’s Monday, and back to starting a new week, but in a week from Thursday we will be moving to our bigger apartment! We can’t wait because we will have so much more space, including a bigger bed and kitchen. We are so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment