Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Meeting my Nanny Family

I just got home from my meeting with the family I will be nannying for. I was really nervous, mainly because I’m still getting used to the transportation system and didn’t know exactly how long it would be to get to where I needed to be. I was a little late because I just missed the bus I was supposed to take, but otherwise the meeting went well. The mom and I went to the grocery store really quickly to pick up some food for lunch, then we drove to their home, where the mom showed me around the house before the daughter arrived home from school. I talked mostly with the mom, while she cooked a large and delicious lunch and we talked about how the schedule will be for me coming over to help with homework and English for the daughter. The mom also stated how she will be teaching a beginning English class, and wants me to help her teach it on Mondays.
It was nice getting to know the mom and daughter that I will be working with today, and I will be seeing them again tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow I won’t be late because I know more about where I am going and how long it will take me. I can’t wait to get into a rhythm here and start getting used to everything.
Since I’m here a few pro’s and con’s I’ve noticed over the past few days:
Pro: Dogs are allowed everywhere! I’ve seen so many people bringing their dogs on the subway, into restaurants and shops, it’s amazing! Obviously, they are well behaved dogs, so Murray wouldn’t necessarily fit that description, but it’s still really neat!
Con: Everything on TV is in German, ok understandable. However, I’ve tried to go to hulu, Netflix (to use my dad’s account), and other websites like bravotv.com or mtv.com to see if I can watch their shows online, but I can not. So I’m stuck with German television, what ever is on BBC or a limited collection of South Park episodes when Ben’s computer is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment